Buffalo County Historical Society
New Executive Director Search Begins
The Buffalo County Historical Society (BCHS) is seeking an Executive Director with organizational and leadership skills as well as computer familiarity as its leader and primary representative. The Society’s activities center around the Research Office in the Buffalo County Courthouse and Heritage Hall in Alma, which BCHS owns and manages. The Buffalo County Historical Society was chartered in 1981. The BCHS staff and volunteers have committed themselves to serving as an easily accessible source for local historical societies, genealogists, government, and others by researching and preserving Buffalo County history, past and present.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day functioning and operations of the BCHS, staff, and volunteers
- Prepare and oversee the annual Budget
- Promote the BCHS’s growth and programs
- Direct and participate in fundraising, and donor relationship cultivation
- Direct and facilitate grant writing
- Represent our organization in the community, and work closely with County and other civic leaders
- Oversee and direct the strategic plan as approved by the Board of Directors
- Directly report to the Board of Directors for the proper administration of all policies and operations of the Museum
Starting pay will be $12.50/hour with a 30 hours/week schedule. Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume along with three personal references to firstname.lastname@example.org or BCHS Executive Director Search, PO Box 394, Alma, WI 54610. The application deadline is November 16, 2020.